ABOUT ME:

ABOUT ME: I am a lifelong movie lover. So much of one, that my first job ever was as an usher at a movie theater. I was immediately hooked, stayed for 5 years, worked every job and eventually managed. I am still a regular movie theater patron and enjoy watching movies at home. I love to follow the box office totals too. It's always fascinating to me to see how a movie fares. There are so many variables: release date, competition, mood of movie-goers. A sure hit flops at the box office, while a low budget independent film takes off and earns millions. I also love movie trivia and discussions. This is just a place for me to share my thoughts on everything related to the movies (all genres). Please participate; I love feedback of all kinds. Well, off to the movies!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review: Batman (1989)

I watched this movie again recently. It stands as not only my favorite superhero movie of all time, but it is also one of my favorite movies of all time. Yes, it’s a little dated now at 25 years old, but it still holds up fantastically. It’s Tim Burton’s brilliant direction, Danny Elfman’s amazing and exciting score, the controversial but solid casting of Michael Keaton as Batman/Bruce Wayne and most significantly Jack Nicholson’s performance as The Joker, that really elevates this movie to another level. A sheer pleasure to watch it every time, and I have lost count. Grade: A+

3 comments:

  1. As good as the Christian Bale series, I still love this one the best. It all came together with both Batman and Joker having dual personalities (even though Joker's were both insane) and them playing off each other. "Hey I say you made me, you gotta say you made me. Wouldn't hit a guy with glasses would you?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my surprise, in my unofficial poll of the favorite onscreen Batman, Christian Bale beat out Michael Keaton! Guess time has taken its toll.

    ReplyDelete