ABOUT ME:

ABOUT ME: I am a lifelong movie lover. So much of one, that my first job ever was as an usher at a movie theater. I was immediately hooked, stayed for 5 years, worked every job and eventually managed. I am still a regular movie theater patron and enjoy watching movies at home. I love to follow the box office totals too. It's always fascinating to me to see how a movie fares. There are so many variables: release date, competition, mood of movie-goers. A sure hit flops at the box office, while a low budget independent film takes off and earns millions. I also love movie trivia and discussions. This is just a place for me to share my thoughts on everything related to the movies (all genres). Please participate; I love feedback of all kinds. Well, off to the movies!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Greatest Action Movie Ever Made

I have felt, that since it was released in 1988, and still maintain, that Die Hard is the greatest action movie ever made. Of course, it has generated multiple sequels over the years, and they have been quite entertaining, but the original set the standard for all other action movies to come. Bruce Willis' every man hero, Officer John McClane, is the perfect guy to root for, and Alan Rickman's iconic villain, Hans Gruber, is the ultimate guy you love to hate. Tons of action, witty dialogue, exciting musical score, plenty of one-liners and comedic moments, perfectly executed stunts and top-notch acting had by all. Culminating with a very intense and climatic ending. Edge of your seat type stuff! So many have tried and some have come close. Speed, The Transporter and Taken are a few examples of outstanding action movies since, but there is only one Die Hard. As always, this is just my opinion. Please sound off. I'd love to hear yours..............

7 comments:

  1. The greatest action movie of all time ... The Matrix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice. However, I put that under Sci-Fi Action. It would probably be my favorite in that category. Coming out in 1999, that movie blew my mind. Those effects had never been done before. Plus, a great original sci-fi story and characters. Incredible movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this movie! The action and dialogue was great and Willis was a believeable, human hero. Reginald Vel Johnson as his partner was also wonderful. I didn't go into it thinking that he was going to survive and get all the bad guys, there were moments when I truly wasn;t sure if he would survive because of the cop partner outside the building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die Hard also won in my unofficial poll of favorite action films!

    ReplyDelete