ABOUT ME:

ABOUT ME: I am a lifelong movie lover. So much of one, that my first job ever was as an usher at a movie theater. I was immediately hooked, stayed for 5 years, worked every job and eventually managed. I am still a regular movie theater patron and enjoy watching movies at home. I love to follow the box office totals too. It's always fascinating to me to see how a movie fares. There are so many variables: release date, competition, mood of movie-goers. A sure hit flops at the box office, while a low budget independent film takes off and earns millions. I also love movie trivia and discussions. This is just a place for me to share my thoughts on everything related to the movies (all genres). Please participate; I love feedback of all kinds. Well, off to the movies!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

General Movie Trivia #1


1. Duel was the feature film directorial debut of what famed director?

2. What actor was the original Marty McFly from Back to the Future? He was replaced by Michael J. Fox AFTER filming began.

3. Who composed the score for Titanic (1997)?

4. What song was ranked #1, by the American Film Institute in 2004, on the 100 Greatest Songs in American Films list?

5. What song does Phil Connors keep waking up to in Groundhog Day?

6. What was Tom Cruise’s first credited film role? (Hint: 1981)

7. What is the most often portrayed horror movie character?

8. What was John Candy’s last movie?

9. What was the first film to surpass $100 Million in its opening weekend?

10. What Cheers actor was in The Empire Strikes Back and Superman I and II?

NOTE: I'll reveal the answers in the 'Comments' section below.

3 comments:

  1. Answers: 1. Steven Speilberg, 2. Eric Stoltz, 3. James Horner, 4. Over the Rainbow, 5. I Got You Babe, 6. Endless Love, 7. Count Dracula, 8. Canadian Bacon, 9. Spider-Man (2002), 10. John Ratzenberger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you included a picture from the movie Tommy in your collage. ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS-1. Saw Duel, multiple times, but never knew who directed it. 2-Never saw or knew that there was a Back to the Future movie before the one made with Michael J. Fox. We saw all of his renditions. 3. I was aware of this, either. 4. Didn't know this, but it makes sense. 5. This one, I knew. Loved this movie and saw it countless times. 6. Saw Endless Love, but, since Tom Cruise was not a household name, at that time, did not remember. 7. Wasn't sure, but that was the one that I thought. 8. Didn't know this one, either. 9. I was thinking, Titantic. 10-I had to look up his name and when I saw his face, I remembered. I never knew his name. I liked this game, it made me do a lot of remembering, which is good for me. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I can't take credit for the collage. That's something I found on the internet. Yeah, I did notice it included Tommy as well as Wall Street, Pee Wee, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, James Bond, Planet of the Apes and others. Oh, it's not another Back to the Future movie. Stoltz was originally cast as Marty McFly and even started filming, but they didn't think he was right for the part. Oh, Titanic was a huge box office success, but in part that people (especially teen girls) paid to see it multiple times. Thanks again for taking such interest!

      Delete