ABOUT ME:

ABOUT ME: I am a lifelong movie lover. So much of one, that my first job ever was as an usher at a movie theater. I was immediately hooked, stayed for 5 years, worked every job and eventually managed. I am still a regular movie theater patron and enjoy watching movies at home. I love to follow the box office totals too. It's always fascinating to me to see how a movie fares. There are so many variables: release date, competition, mood of movie-goers. A sure hit flops at the box office, while a low budget independent film takes off and earns millions. I also love movie trivia and discussions. This is just a place for me to share my thoughts on everything related to the movies (all genres). Please participate; I love feedback of all kinds. Well, off to the movies!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Poll Results: Favorite Jeff Bridges Role






Knowing of the cult status that The Big Lebowski has achieved, it was no surprise that 'The Dude' was chosen overwhelmingly as your favorite Jeff Bridges role. Tied for a distant second were his parts in the original Tron and in Starman. The other choices were White Squall and Crazy Heart. I could have also easily thrown in Tucker: The Man and His Dream, True Grit or The Fabulous Baker Boys. All solid performances. However, everything really came together in The Big Lebowski. The original writing by the Coen brothers, the direction of Joel Coen, and especially the impeccable performances of Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi and John Turturro. Throw in a story about a unique trio, a missing rug, a dysfunctional wealthy family and bowling, and you have a movie like no other! I HIGHLY recommend that you see this movie if you haven't. Also, let me know what YOUR favorite Jeff Bridges role is and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment