ABOUT ME:

ABOUT ME: I am a lifelong movie lover. So much of one, that my first job ever was as an usher at a movie theater. I was immediately hooked, stayed for 5 years, worked every job and eventually managed. I am still a regular movie theater patron and enjoy watching movies at home. I love to follow the box office totals too. It's always fascinating to me to see how a movie fares. There are so many variables: release date, competition, mood of movie-goers. A sure hit flops at the box office, while a low budget independent film takes off and earns millions. I also love movie trivia and discussions. This is just a place for me to share my thoughts on everything related to the movies (all genres). Please participate; I love feedback of all kinds. Well, off to the movies!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Poll Results: Favorite Star Trek Movie





The results are in, and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was chosen overwhelmingly as your favorite Star Trek movie. Even though it was released over 30 years ago, and there have been many sequels, variations and remakes made since, this one really struck a nerve. I'd say the casting of Ricardo Montalban as the title villain played a big part in the success of the movie. The rest of the ensemble cast did a great job as well. This is one of the very few movie sequels that is widely considered superior to the original! Like the Vulcans say, "Live long and prosper."

2 comments:

  1. I voted for Starman......loved that movie and wish that they would show it cable, at least, once more, so that I could tape it and keep it with my list of movies to watch when ever I want to..... I will search Jeff Bridges for his upcoming movies and maybe, I will get lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great one not may people remember or have seen.

    ReplyDelete