ABOUT ME:

ABOUT ME: I am a lifelong movie lover. So much of one, that my first job ever was as an usher at a movie theater. I was immediately hooked, stayed for 5 years, worked every job and eventually managed. I am still a regular movie theater patron and enjoy watching movies at home. I love to follow the box office totals too. It's always fascinating to me to see how a movie fares. There are so many variables: release date, competition, mood of movie-goers. A sure hit flops at the box office, while a low budget independent film takes off and earns millions. I also love movie trivia and discussions. This is just a place for me to share my thoughts on everything related to the movies (all genres). Please participate; I love feedback of all kinds. Well, off to the movies!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Review: Frozen


Disney's Frozen has now made over $1 Billion worldwide, already landing it in the Top 10 All Time Worldwide Grosses list, so i'm sure most of you have at least heard of it. I'll give a quick rundown of the plot. Elsa, the Snow Queen has left her kingdom, for fear that her power will only harm others, especially her sister, Anna. Well, Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) sets off to find her sister. Also, hoping to restore the kingdom, which has now fallen under a permanent Winter. Anna teams up with a mountain man Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer Sven on their journey. They encounter mystical trolls and a hilarious enchanted snowman named Olaf along the way. I really do get some laughs from a few of Olaf's lines. I can see plenty of parts that will really entertain very young viewers too, mostly physical comedy bits like falling in water, rolling down hills and things of that nature. Of course, there is some romance building as we go as well. Overall, it's family-friendly, the story is original, the music and songs are enjoyable and the animation is flawless. For me, it’s still not quite to the level of The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White or The Little Mermaid, so I’ll have to leave a little wiggle room on the overall grade. Grade: A

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure that once it comes on cable, if it does, I will watch it. The Lion King and the Beauty and the Beast are pretty much tied with me, but I voted for the Lion King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I totally agree though. Tough deciding between those two!

    ReplyDelete