ABOUT ME:

ABOUT ME: I am a lifelong movie lover. So much of one, that my first job ever was as an usher at a movie theater. I was immediately hooked, stayed for 5 years, worked every job and eventually managed. I am still a regular movie theater patron and enjoy watching movies at home. I love to follow the box office totals too. It's always fascinating to me to see how a movie fares. There are so many variables: release date, competition, mood of movie-goers. A sure hit flops at the box office, while a low budget independent film takes off and earns millions. I also love movie trivia and discussions. This is just a place for me to share my thoughts on everything related to the movies (all genres). Please participate; I love feedback of all kinds. Well, off to the movies!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Review: 3 Days to Kill

Well, this Kevin Costner spy thriller is superficially very similar to Liam Neeson’s Taken, but the overall plot is a little different. Here’s the summary: Costner is a dangerous international spy and trained assassin, who is determined to retire to finally build a closer relationship with his estranged wife and daughter. But first, he must complete one last mission, even if it means juggling the two toughest assignments yet: hunting down the world's most ruthless terrorist and looking after his teenage daughter for the first time in ten years, while his wife is out of town. Hailee Steinfeld of True Grit plays his daughter and Amber Heard plays his over-the-top sexy boss. It has some light moments and comedy mixed in, decent action and the required car chase, but somehow it just doesn’t all come together. Kevin Costner still has a powerful onscreen presence, but if you need to fill your Costner fix, I’d go with his classic hits like The Untouchables, No Way Out,
The Bodyguard, Dances with Wolves
, or the more recent The Guardian. OK for seeing at the movies, but probably more suitable as a rental, cable viewing or other media choice. Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment